Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: This forum's server connection is terrible

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    I know it's been said before, but geez louise the downtime on this site is about as bad as it gets...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    This forum's server connection is terrible


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup. Goes down more often than some **** stars.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have no clue what it takes to keep a site like this up and running!
    That said, I don't tend to miss much here even if it does go down often.
    It is great to have what we want and when we want it but I always stop in a couple times per day and get what I need from the members here.
    More often then not I always just blame it on my lousy connection :-)

    Gary

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by gamalot:
    ....I don't tend to miss much here even if it does go down often.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's because nobody can post when the board is down :-)

    It is great to have what we want and when we want it but I always stop in a couple times per day and get what I need from the members here.
    More often then not I always just blame it on my lousy connection :-)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been trying for about 3 days, so I could post about some horns on Ebay.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Schell's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    414
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A while back it was reported that the Hostboard business location was broken into and vandalized. This caused considerable site downtime, which was understandable.

    To add something positive, I have noticed that this site runs much better and pages load faster since repairs were made following that unfortunate episode.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Steve Schell:
    A while back it was reported that the Hostboard business location was broken into and vandalized. This caused considerable site downtime, which was understandable.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, I remember that. However, I would expect Hostboard to be through dealing with that by now. I checked the Hostboard homepage thinking I'd find some details on the recent outage, but found none.

    I hope the cost of keeping the Altec User's Board on the Hostboard is cheap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.